Apartment bedroom catches fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Apartment bedroom catches fire

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) - An apartment fire broke out Thursday at a southwest Lawton apartment complex.

The fire started around 3:30 p.m. in an upstairs unit bedroom at the Bellaire Apartments on Bishop Road. A housekeeper first noticed the smoke, and that triggered the call to the fire department.

The tenant was in the complex, but visiting someone else at the time of the fire.

Authorities say there was mostly smoke and water damage to the upstairs unit, and some water damage was reported from the downstairs unit as well.

Officials say the fire appears to be accidental.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly