Gov Fallin takes part in Bring Small Business Back Event in OKC - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Gov Fallin takes part in Bring Small Business Back Event in OKC

Governor Mary Fallin (Source State of Oklahoma) Governor Mary Fallin (Source State of Oklahoma)

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KSWO) – Governor Mary Fallin will be among the speakers at a Bring Small Business Back event this week in Oklahoma City. The event is scheduled from 9:30 until 11 a.m. Friday at the student center building on the Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City campus.

The event is part of Job Creators Network’s Bring Small Businesses Back campaign which consists of a nationwide bus tour to hear the challenges that real local small businesses are facing. Fallin and JCN President and Chief Executive Officer Alfredo Ortiz will talk about threats facing small business owners.

“Governor Fallin’s participation in our Bring Small Businesses Back campaign showcases her commitment to the small business job creators that power her state’s and the nation’s economy,” said Ortiz. “If more legislators understood the importance of small businesses to the country as a whole, the economy could finally start working again for everyone.”

The event will focus on finding solutions to the problems most commonly cited by small business owners: overregulation, over-taxation, and lack of access to credit. Small businesses in Oklahoma make up 97 percent of all employers in the state.

The proposed Bring Small Businesses Back Tax Reform Act (H.R. 5374) is meant reduce the tax burden on the nation’s small business job creators, which make up half of the nation’s jobs.

Copyright 2015 KSWO. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 PM EST2018-01-18 21:15:09 GMT

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

  • Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:53 PM EST2018-01-18 20:53:25 GMT

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

  • Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:47 PM EST2018-01-18 20:47:54 GMT
    (Source Altus Fire Department)(Source Altus Fire Department)

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

Powered by Frankly