Tomorrow is Cox's Store VFD 20th annual Fish Fry - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Tomorrow is Cox's Store VFD 20th annual Fish Fry

Cox's Store VFD Fish Fry Cox's Store VFD Fish Fry

LAWTON, OK (KSWO)- A local fire will host its 20th annual Fish Fry Fundraiser this weekend.Firefighters with the Cox's Store Volunteer Fire department spent today getting ready for their fundraising dinner tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Highway 65 and Roger's Lane.

Besides Fish, they'll be serving up calf fries, beans, coleslaw, and all the trimmings. The event is free, but they will accept donations to help purchase new equipment for the department.

“This year we're working to put in a new rescue truck, new set of jaws new generation and new tools and if we put that new rescue truck on the road. We'll have a better response and work better,” said Jake Stallings, a firefighter with Cox's Store Volunteer Fire Department.

The event will also include live music, games, and a smokehouse that allows children experience what it's like as a firefighter. The fire department will also be raffling off a 45-calibur semi-automatic pistol.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 PM EST2018-01-18 21:15:09 GMT

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

  • Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:53 PM EST2018-01-18 20:53:25 GMT

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

  • Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:47 PM EST2018-01-18 20:47:54 GMT
    (Source Altus Fire Department)(Source Altus Fire Department)

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

Powered by Frankly