Jackson Co Sheriff's vehicle involved in Altus collision - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Jackson Co Sheriff's vehicle involved in Altus collision

(Source: Raycom Image Library) (Source: Raycom Image Library)

ALTUS, OK (KSWO)-  There was an accident involving a Jackson County Sheriff’s vehicle early this morning in Altus.

According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Department, a Jackson County Sheriff's pickup vehicle collided with a green Plymouth minivan in the 800 block at the intersection of Falcon Road and Howse Street. The driver of the minivan pulled out in front of the sheriff’s deputy.

The damage to the minivan was extensive. The sheriff's vehicle also sustained minor damage. Although shaken up, both parties in the collision are expected to make a full recovery. According to officials, they only had bumps and bruises.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 PM EST2018-01-18 21:15:09 GMT

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

  • Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:53 PM EST2018-01-18 20:53:25 GMT

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

  • Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:47 PM EST2018-01-18 20:47:54 GMT
    (Source Altus Fire Department)(Source Altus Fire Department)

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

Powered by Frankly