Rodeo Career Day kicks off the RAM Prairie Circuit Finals - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Rodeo Career Day kicks off the RAM Prairie Circuit Finals

DUNCAN, OK (KSWO)- Some local 4th and 5th graders got a taste of what it's like to be a part of the rodeo ahead of this weekend's RAM Prairie Circuit Finals at the Stephens County Fairgrounds.

Today was Rodeo Career Day.  Students from Marlow, Duncan, Temple, Bray, Empire and Grandview got a chance to interact with Cowboys, Rodeo Queens, Rodeo Clowns and those who work at the rodeo. 

They not only shared what the sport is all about but the work that goes into makes the event so spectacular. They even got to meet Ryan Jarrett, a world champion cowboy from Comanche.

“We're just showing them the roping the dummy, the clown, barrels, the bulls and the horses, just giving them a dose of what rodeo is like," said Ryan Jarrett, the 2005 All-Around World Champion.

"It's just good family entertainment, bring your kids and let them come to the rodeo and just enjoy what we do," said Joe Henderson, the Committee Chair of Ram Prairie Circuit Finals.

You can experience the RAM Prairie Circuit finals Rodeo at the Stephens County Fairgrounds tomorrow, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 7:30 p.m. Friday night is Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night supporting the Cancer Center of Southwest Oklahoma and Saturday night is Law Enforcement Night. Tickets are $12 in advance for adults and $15 at the door. Kids are $8 in advance and $10 at the door.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 PM EST2018-01-18 21:15:09 GMT

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

  • Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:53 PM EST2018-01-18 20:53:25 GMT

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

  • Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:47 PM EST2018-01-18 20:47:54 GMT
    (Source Altus Fire Department)(Source Altus Fire Department)

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

Powered by Frankly