OK (KSWO)- Halloween is Monday and we can't wait. But before you head out the door for a ghoulish good time, here are a few tips for a safe and happy Halloween:
• Costumes should not obstruct a vision, hearing, or movement. They should also be flame resistant. Avoid toy guns and knives as they could easily be mistaken for a real weapon.
• Only trick-or-treat at homes that have their porch lights turned on. Do not enter the cars or homes of strangers.
• All candy should be examined by an adult
• Use a flashlight, reflective material, or a glow stick to increase visibility
• Trick-or-treat only during recommended hours.
• Don't drink and drive. Eliminate distractions and slow down.
• Look both ways before crossing roadways, and always walk; don't run. Cross the roadway at intersections and crosswalks.
• Travel in groups with adult supervision.