Fire breaks out at Lawton apartment complex - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Fire breaks out at Lawton apartment complex

Source: KSWO Source: KSWO

LAWTON, OK (KSWO)  - Everyone is safe after a fire broke out overnight at a Lawton apartment complex, but one dog did not survive.
Firefighters were called to the Avendale Pointe apartments on 52nd Street near Rogers Lane around one Monday morning.
We're told the flames were contained to one apartment and crews were able to put it out before it caused any major damage to the building.
Our photographer did see them taking several damaged items from the apartment.
We also saw some dogs that did make it out okay, but earlier firefighters told dispatchers another dog died from smoke inhalation.
Smoke also spread to other units in the building, causing problems for neighbors.
At last check, investigators were still looking into how the blaze started.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly