Discover Oklahoma: McHuston Booksellers and Irish Bistro - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Discover Oklahoma: McHuston Booksellers and Irish Bistro

BROKEN ARROW, OK (KSWO)- Finding locally owned bookstores is more and more difficult these days. However, tucked away in Broken Arrow, there is a haven for book lovers. While you're there, treat your taste buds to some Irish cuisine.

McHuston's Booksellers and Irish Bistro is a dream come true for Larry Hoefling.

“I always wanted a bookstore. I spent my career thinking where can I put in a bookstore or my restaurant, because I liked to cook as well, so really this was the culmination of two separate dreams.”

Larry and his son, Dustin, run this family business in the city's Rose District.

“My mother introduced me to books and a lad and it stuck with me. Her maiden name is Huston and mc is “son of” so I am son of Houston the booklover.”

McHuston's is a booklover's paradise with between 12 and 15-thousand books from westerns to warbooks, fiction to first editions.

“These are like my orphan children, I’m trying to find good homes for them. I have a first edition Charles dickens 1853 subscriber edition of “bleak house” which is an older book. CD is one of my favorite authors to own a book that was published in his lifetime and in his city, that he could have thumbed through…”

Copyright 2017 KSWO. All rights reserved.

A day after back-tracking, Trump defends summit performance

Wednesday, July 18 2018 12:31 AM EDT2018-07-18 04:31:41 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 12:37 PM EDT2018-07-18 16:37:23 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...

Rebuked as never before by his own party, including a stern pushback from usually reserved Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the U.S. president sought to end 27 hours of recrimination by delivering a rare admission of error.

Secret Service agent dies after suffering stroke during Trump's Scotland visit

Wednesday, July 18 2018 7:00 AM EDT2018-07-18 11:00:46 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 11:48 AM EDT2018-07-18 15:48:35 GMT

Nole E. Remagen suffered a stroke on Sunday while traveling, the U.S. Secret Service said.

7 serial killers who were caught

Wednesday, July 18 2018 11:43 AM EDT2018-07-18 15:43:39 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 11:43 AM EDT2018-07-18 15:43:39 GMT
    Gary Ridgway, known as the 'Green River Killer,' plead guilty to 48 murders, but in 2013 he claimed the number was closer to 80. (Source: AP)Gary Ridgway, known as the 'Green River Killer,' plead guilty to 48 murders, but in 2013 he claimed the number was closer to 80. (Source: AP)

Charles Manson, Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer are some of America's most infamous serial killers that authorities were able to apprehend.