WEATHERFORD, OK (KSWO)- Southwestern Oklahoma State University Department of Education is designated as a "Special Education Boot Camp Provider" by the State Department of Education.
SWOSU offers 10-hour boot camp courses online every summer to provide a non-traditional route to special education teacher certification due to a shortage across the state.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Earned any four-year degree from an institution of higher education
- Have a grade point average of 2.75 or higher from a previous degree program
- Recommendation from a representative at an institution of higher education
- Pass a national background check
- Commit to complete a Master’s Degree or certification in special education
- Interested candidates should apply through the SWOSU Department of Education.