LAWTON, OK (KSWO) – Lawton police responded to an explosion on the 1400 block of Ozmun Avenue around 3:15 a.m. on June 8th.
According to police, a resident of the home was using a torch to cut a 55-gallon drum. The drum contained flammable fumes and exploded.
The lid of the drum hit the man in the head. He was transported to the hospital with a fractured skull and two broken hands. He is currently in stable condition.
Copyright 2017 KSWO. All rights reserved.
LAWTON, OK(KSWO) - A man has been taken to a local hospital after police, fire and medical workers were called to the 1400 block of Northwest Ozmun in Lawton to a report of an explosion that burned a man. The call came in around 3:15 Thursday morning.
Dispatchers later said the blast was the result of a domestic situation and a cutting torch was involved.
There is no word on the man's condition, but he was taken by ambulance to Memorial Hospital under emergency status. We'll keep you updated as more information is released.