OK child molester moves next door to his victim - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

OK child molester moves next door to his victim

(Source News on 6) (Source News on 6)

BRISTOW, OK (KFOR) - An Oklahoma man convicted of molesting a little girl now lives next door to the victim.

“He’s like right there, practically in my backyard and that kind of makes me nervous and not want to go home ever,” said 21-year-old Danyelle Dyer.

Danyelle’s uncle, Harold English, recently got out of prison and moved in just over the fence.

“When you have to see it, I can only imagine what it does to my daughter when she’s there and she has to witness it,” said Laurina Dyer. “She shouldn’t have to. Very heartbreaking.”

“Not only is my daughter feeling her past come back to haunt her, but a lot of years of rage and anger that I’ve kept under my collar is sitting right outside my door,” said Greg Dyer. “She’s had to bring her deepest, darkest secrets out for the public to view just to try to rid this person of her life.”

Danyelle wants the law changed so no victim every has to go through this again.

“It’s adding one word in there where it talks, where they can and can’t live, just adding ‘victim’ right there along with schools and playgrounds,” said Danyelle. “It’s very empowering for me because I feel like I’m making a difference and I didn’t share my story for nothing and that it is bringing about positive change. Whether it helps one woman and I can help one woman then I’m completely happy with that.”

“Supposedly he paid his debt to society and as long as he’s not near a church or a daycare or where children gather, he’s free to do as he wishes,” said her dad.

Information provided by KFOR.

Death toll from Missouri duck boat accident climbs to 17

Friday, July 20 2018 7:26 AM EDT2018-07-20 11:26:30 GMT
    Friday, July 20 2018 12:35 PM EDT2018-07-20 16:35:52 GMT
    (Nathan Papes/The Springfield News-Leader via AP). Emergency responders work at Table Rock Lake after a deadly boat accident in Branson, Mo., Thursday, July 19, 2018. A sheriff in Missouri said a tourist boat has apparently capsized on the lake, leavin...(Nathan Papes/The Springfield News-Leader via AP). Emergency responders work at Table Rock Lake after a deadly boat accident in Branson, Mo., Thursday, July 19, 2018. A sheriff in Missouri said a tourist boat has apparently capsized on the lake, leavin...
    Dive teams will resume searching for five people still missing after a tourist boat capsized and sank in a southwestern Missouri lake.

Zuckerberg's Holocaust comment puts Facebook on the spot

Wednesday, July 18 2018 6:08 PM EDT2018-07-18 22:08:46 GMT
    Friday, July 20 2018 12:32 PM EDT2018-07-20 16:32:40 GMT
    Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that while he finds Holocaust denial "deeply offensive," he doesn't believe that such content should be banned from Facebook.

White House: Security focus for next Trump-Putin meeting

Friday, July 20 2018 12:37 AM EDT2018-07-20 04:37:04 GMT
    Friday, July 20 2018 12:28 PM EDT2018-07-20 16:28:06 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). In this July 16, 20198, photo, U.S. President Donald Trump, left, and Russian President Vladimir Putin arrive for a news conference at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland. Trump has asked national security ...(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). In this July 16, 20198, photo, U.S. President Donald Trump, left, and Russian President Vladimir Putin arrive for a news conference at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland. Trump has asked national security ...

President Donald Trump is inviting Vladimir Putin to the White House, even as the cleanup from their summit this week continues.