Russel Westbrook mural updated - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Russel Westbrook mural updated

Source: KSWO Source: KSWO
Source: KSWO Source: KSWO

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) - The Lawton mural of Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Russell Westbrook was updated to celebrates his 2017 NBA MVP award.

Artist Robert Peterson added
2017 MVP to the mural Wednesday afternoon, noting that the inscription finally made the mural complete.

Peterson painted the mural on the wall behind the Friendly Cleaners on 11th and C back in April. With its completion, he expressed his pride in his contribution to the city.

"I just wanted to do something for my town, for my city, he said. I felt like this is something that would attract some people to Lawton and give Lawton something to be proud of."

Peterson said the mural originally took him two days to paint, and received a great response from all over the country.

" I was actually featured on NBA.com and the Thunder's website. I was their top story for a full day so that was pretty cool, he said. I was told that the video I made of me painting it was played during one of the playoff games. I've had a writeup on TMZ and over 500 thousand views of the original video."

Peterson said he still hopes to have Westbrook come to Lawton to see the mural.

Copyright 2017 KSWO. All rights reserved.

California university won't punish professor who jeered Bush

Tuesday, April 24 2018 10:27 PM EDT2018-04-25 02:27:20 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:03 AM EDT2018-04-25 10:03:06 GMT
    Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter) Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter)Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter) Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter)

A California State University, Fresno professor who called Barbara Bush "an amazing racist" and cheered her death won't be punished.

Jury to deliberate after Cosby painted as predator, victim

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:26:54 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:02 AM EDT2018-04-25 10:02:11 GMT
    (AP Photo/Matt Slocum). Bill Cosby departs after his sexual assault trial near a cloud of bubbles blown by a protester, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa.(AP Photo/Matt Slocum). Bill Cosby departs after his sexual assault trial near a cloud of bubbles blown by a protester, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa.

Jurors at Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial are poised to start deliberating after a marathon day of closing arguments.

Lax vetting on Trump nominees begins to frustrate senators

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:47 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:47:40 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:00 AM EDT2018-04-25 10:00:42 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.

As President Donald Trump's pick to lead Veterans Affairs skids to a halt, senators from both parties are voicing frustration that the White House is skipping crucial vetting of nominees and leaving lawmakers to clean up the mess.