“The Rock” posts video for Lawton boy with cancer - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

“The Rock” posts video for Lawton boy with cancer

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) - Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson posted a video on Instagram to help fulfill the bucket list of a 12-year-old boy diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.  Justin Rodriguez made the list and on it was a visit from Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson.  On Tuesday, the actor posted a video where he said in part:

“I believe in my bones there's power and positivity in sending uplifting love and energy.  A special somebody came across my desk.  He's 12 years old, look at that handsome boy, his name is Justin and he's from Lawton.  He's there, He is freaking out right now because this is a complete surprise.  He's a fighter. Justin stay strong, I'm pulling for you, the world is pulling for you, I love you buddy and stay strong.”

A post shared by therock (@therock) on

The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders also made a video for Justin.

Some of the other items on Justin’s bucket list include getting a tattoo, watching the Oklahoma City Thunder play, and a trip to the beach.

Copyright 2017 KSWO. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 PM EST2018-01-18 21:15:09 GMT

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

    Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

  • Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Ardmore elementary school closed due to carbon monoxide

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:53 PM EST2018-01-18 20:53:25 GMT

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

    An elementary school in Ardmore is out for the rest of the week after elevated levels of carbon monoxide gas were detected. It happened while several natural gas heating units were being repaired at Charles Evans Elementary School. More than 100 students were evacuated from a portion of the building. There were no reports of illness or injuries. School officials say students will return to their classrooms next week.

  • Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Fire officials: Check smoke detector batteries

    Thursday, January 18 2018 3:47 PM EST2018-01-18 20:47:54 GMT
    (Source Altus Fire Department)(Source Altus Fire Department)

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

    Oklahoma City fire officials are warning people to make sure they install smoke detectors in their home after battling 54 structure fires so far this month. The 54th fire was yesterday afternoon and was spotted by neighbors who called 911. Two people were inside the home asleep at the time. They made it out safely, and the blaze was put out but authorities say the smoke detectors in the home did not have batteries.

Powered by Frankly