LAWTON, OK (KSWO) – The cause of an early morning fire at Crosby Park Apartments has yet to be determined.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. in the kitchen of a downstairs unit. Two people were inside when it happened, but they made it out safely. A man in a neighboring apartment had to be rescued as a precaution.
According to Lawton Fire officials, two units were damaged at Crosby Park apartments on Cache Road near 53rd Street.
Authorities said one person in a wheelchair was rescued from the scene, and thankfully there were no injuries.
Firefighters say the apartment was not a total loss, but the residents are being moved to another location.
Investigators are looking into the possibility that this fire is an arson. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.