Man visiting all 417 National Parks in US comes through Lawton - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Man visiting all 417 National Parks in US comes through Lawton

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) -A man traveling across the country visiting all 417 National Parks crossed two from Oklahoma off his list.

30 year old, Mikah Meyers visited the Chickasha National Recreation area in Sulphur on Monday. Wednesday, he's at the Washita National battlefield.

Meyers is 21 months into his three year journey across the country.

After he leaves Oklahoma, he's heading to Amarillo which will mark park number 278.

He says his purpose for starting this adventure is because you only live once.

"When I was 19 years old, my dad passed away from esophageal cancer and he was just 58 at the time," said Meyer. "It really taught me a life lesson that we might not all make it to retirement. We might not all have the time we think we will have to do our dreams so I made it a goal that at age 30 I would do one of my dreams as a way to honor him and honor my life that I also might not get."

He says its been nothing but cold and windy during his time in Southwest Oklahoma. He hopes he gets come back again to visit the national parks when it's warmer.

Copyright 2018 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Amazon raising price of annual Prime membership to $119

Thursday, April 26 2018 5:59 PM EDT2018-04-26 21:59:01 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 6:59 PM EDT2018-04-26 22:59:08 GMT

Amazon says it will hike up the price of its Prime membership fee by 20 percent next month.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:04 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:04:05 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

Senate committee OKs bill to safeguard special counsel

Thursday, April 26 2018 12:28 AM EDT2018-04-26 04:28:40 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:04 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:04:00 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...

Senate panel expected to vote on legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller's job, a bill that has split Republicans.