Fire destroys Lawton home

LAWTON-- A man's attempt to keep his house warm led to a destructive fire early Saturday morning in Lawton.

Firefighters were called to 911 SW Summit around 4am. They could see smoke billowing from the house from several blocks away. When they got there, they rushed inside to knock the flames down and found a burner on the kitchen stove turned on.

The man who lived there was not at home at the time, but when he showed up he told firefighters he'd left the stove on to keep his house warm.

In all the blaze caused about 30-thousand dollars worth of damage and the house is considered a total loss.