Blind woman and son left homeless after trailer fire

Lawton_A trailer fire has left an 83 year old partially blind woman and her 60 year old legally blind son homeless.  The woman could see well enough to discover smoke coming from a furnace in the trailer.

Both escaped without injury, but the home was a total loss.  Officials blame the faulty furnace for starting the blaze and dry vegetation for helping the fire to spread.  The Lawton Red Cross has been assisting the family, but they still need help.  If you would like to donate to their cause, donations can be dropped off at:

The Bank of the Wichitas
P. O. Box 174
Medicine Park, OK  73557

The account number for the Ida and Paul Myers Fire Fund can be dropped off at any Bank of the Wichitas branch using the account number 4711742.