Disabled man narrowly escapes flames in Lawton house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Disabled man narrowly escapes flames in Lawton house fire

A Lawton man escaped from his burning house on Monday morning, but didn't realize his uncle was still inside.  Firefighters arrived on the scene at the 500 Block of Northwest 60th to find the home completely engulfed in flames.  They say they were told no one was inside, however, firefighters continued to search and found a man in the house.

Christopher Harvey's uncle managed to stay away from the flames, however he was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.  Harvey awoke to go to the bathroom soon after the fire broke out, and attempted to put it out.  He abandoned his attempt to extinguish the flames, and says he then began looking for his uncle.  Since he was unable to find him, Harvey says he assumed he was able to get out of the house.

Luckily, firefighters were able to get the man out of the burning house safely.  Tune in to 7News at 6 for more.

Powered by Frankly