Self won't rule out Oklahoma State - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Self won't rule out Oklahoma State

San Antonio_After leading Kansas to its first NCAA title in 20 years, Bill Self said he hopes to stay with the Jayhawks.

The newly crowned national championship coach wouldn't rule out listening to an offer from Oklahoma State, where Sean Sutton resigned under pressure April 1.

"That's my alma mater," Self said as he left the interview room after Kansas' 75-68 overtime victory over Memphis on Monday night. "I know people down there. But they haven't contacted me.

"I've said this last week," said Self, a 1985 graduate. "I would recommend they go in a different direction. I still feel that. I'm not going to say that couldn't potentially happen, because I guess it potentially can."

Self said he hopes to meet soon with Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins.

"I want to visit with my athletic director," said Self, who is 142-32 in five seasons at Lawrence. "To be real honest with you, I love Kansas. I love my job here, and hopefully it will be a situation where I can spend a long time here. I'm certainly not looking to leave, but Lew and I got to visit. I'm sure that'll happen in the next couple days."

Perkins didn't want to discuss the subject.

"Wait until we get back" to Lawrence, he said.

The school gave Self a five-year contract extension last season, increasing his annual compensation to more than $1.3 million with a chance to make another $350,000 each year if he meets incentives.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill

Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:23 AM EST2018-01-17 06:23:26 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:15 AM EST2018-01-18 09:15:07 GMT

Republican leaders are racing against a Friday deadline for pushing a short-term spending bill through Congress.

Democrats dig in on immigration, shutdown risk or no

Thursday, January 18 2018 1:24 AM EST2018-01-18 06:24:44 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:07 AM EST2018-01-18 09:07:13 GMT

The fight over the fate of the "dreamers" is increasingly becoming a test of Democrats' progressive mettle, surpassing health care or taxes as the top year-two priority for the liberal base.

Man accused of installing video camera in mall restroom

Thursday, January 18 2018 1:39 AM EST2018-01-18 06:39:36 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 1:41 AM EST2018-01-18 06:41:37 GMT

The suspect currently faces “peeping Tom” charges, but because children were recorded, police say there could be additional charges.