Lawton woman loses newly purchased mobile home to fire

Lawton_A Lawton woman lost her mobile home to a fire after purchasing it with the intention of fixing it up for her and her family to live in. But, the Friday morning blaze put an end to her plans - at least temporarily. The fire burned the rear portion of the home.

Deputy Fire Chief Lonnie London says that when he arrived on the scene, shortly after 11 a.m., the fire had already consumed the back bedroom. He says the fire couldn't have been electrical since none of the utilities had been turned on. "There s not suppose to be anyone living here at this time," he said. "It appears there is a possibility of....a cigarette or something of that nature. "

It took firefighters only minutes to control the blaze, and only ten minutes to extinguish it completely. No one was injured.

New owner Teyana Scott arrived on scene shortly after the fire started. She says she had just purchased the home, and had yet to insure it. But, she says she will move forward and learn whether the house can be rebuilt.

Fire Marshal Mark Mitchell says it appears the fire was intentionally started. If you have any information about what may have started the fire, please call Crimestoppers at 580-355-INFO.