Firefighters respond to fire in business lighting system

Firefighters respond to fire in business lighting system
light ballast causes fire at Lawton business (Source: KSWO)

LAWTON, Okla. (TNN) - Several Lawton fire engines were called to a business near 13th and Lee Boulevard a few minutes after six Thursday evening.

Dispatchers reported that there was possibly a fire in the attic of the building and everyone inside had evacuated.

Firefighters got there quickly and determined a light ballast had burned... causing the smoke detector and fire alarm to go off.

No other damage was reported.

Copyright 2020 Texoma News Network. All rights reserved.