Fallen power lines spark fire at 82nd and Gore

Fallen power lines spark fire at 82nd and Gore

LAWTON, Okla. (TNN) - The Lawton Fire Department faced a grass fire on Friday afternoon that was cause by downed power lines.

The blaze started around noon at 82nd St. and Gore.

Fire crews said a power line fell, which sparked the fire and caused multiple traffic lights in the area to stop working.

There were reports of short-term power outages in a few neighborhoods as well, including Wyatt Acres.

Copyright 2021 Texoma News Network. All rights reserved.