How to Watch the Astros vs. Yankees Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 4
The New York Yankees and Gleyber Torres hit the field in the second game of a four-game series against Chas McCormick and the Houston Astros, on Friday at Yankee Stadium.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Astros vs. Yankees Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Friday, August 4, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Venue: Yankee Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Explore More About This Game
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros are 10th-best in MLB play with 139 total home runs.
- Houston's .415 slugging percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- The Astros' .250 batting average ranks 16th in the majors.
- Houston is the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB action, averaging 4.7 runs per game (521 total).
- The Astros rank 15th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .320.
- Astros hitters strike out 7.8 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in the majors.
- The 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by Houston's pitching staff ranks sixth in MLB.
- Houston has a 3.77 team ERA that ranks second among all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Astros combine for the 12th-ranked WHIP in the majors (1.268).
Yankees Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Yankees rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 150 home runs.
- Fueled by 306 extra-base hits, New York ranks 18th in MLB with a .403 slugging percentage this season.
- The Yankees rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .230.
- New York has scored 471 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Yankees have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Yankees rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- New York strikes out 8.9 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 13th in MLB.
- New York pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.91 ERA this year, 10th-best in baseball.
- The Yankees have a combined WHIP of just 1.240 as a pitching staff, which is the seventh-best in baseball this season.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- Hunter Brown (7-7) gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 21st start of the season. He's put together a 4.20 ERA in 111 1/3 innings pitched, with 126 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when the right-hander went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Brown is looking to prolong a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Brown will try to prolong a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.6 innings per outing).
- He has had four appearances this season in which he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Yankees will send Luis Severino (2-5) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up nine earned runs in 3 1/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 12 starts this season.
- In 12 starts this season, Severino has lasted five or more innings six times, with an average of 4.8 innings per appearance.
- He has one appearance with no earned runs allowed in 12 chances this season.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|7/30/2023||Rays||L 8-2||Home||Brandon Bielak||Zack Littell|
|7/31/2023||Guardians||W 7-3||Home||J.P. France||Noah Syndergaard|
|8/1/2023||Guardians||W 2-0||Home||Framber Valdez||Gavin Williams|
|8/2/2023||Guardians||W 3-2||Home||Ronel Blanco||Tanner Bibee|
|8/3/2023||Yankees||L 4-3||Away||Cristian Javier||Clarke Schmidt|
|8/4/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Hunter Brown||Luis Severino|
|8/5/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Justin Verlander||Nestor Cortes Jr.|
|8/6/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Carlos Rodón|
|8/8/2023||Orioles||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Grayson Rodriguez|
|8/9/2023||Orioles||-||Away||Cristian Javier||Jack Flaherty|
|8/10/2023||Orioles||-||Away||Hunter Brown||Dean Kremer|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Yankees Starter||Opponent Starter|
|7/30/2023||Orioles||L 9-3||Away||Luis Severino||Dean Kremer|
|7/31/2023||Rays||L 5-1||Home||Jhony Brito||Tyler Glasnow|
|8/1/2023||Rays||L 5-2||Home||Carlos Rodón||Zach Eflin|
|8/2/2023||Rays||W 7-2||Home||Gerrit Cole||Shane McClanahan|
|8/3/2023||Astros||W 4-3||Home||Clarke Schmidt||Cristian Javier|
|8/4/2023||Astros||-||Home||Luis Severino||Hunter Brown|
|8/5/2023||Astros||-||Home||Nestor Cortes Jr.||Justin Verlander|
|8/6/2023||Astros||-||Home||Carlos Rodón||Framber Valdez|
|8/7/2023||White Sox||-||Away||Gerrit Cole||Dylan Cease|
|8/8/2023||White Sox||-||Away||Clarke Schmidt||Touki Toussaint|
|8/9/2023||White Sox||-||Away||Luis Severino||Mike Clevinger|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.