Padres vs. Dodgers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 5
Saturday's contest at PETCO Park has the San Diego Padres (54-56) going head to head against the Los Angeles Dodgers (63-45) at 8:40 PM ET (on August 5). Our computer prediction projects a close 5-3 win for the Padres, so expect a tight matchup.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Padres will send Blake Snell (8-8) to the mound, while Michael Grove (2-3) will get the nod for the Dodgers.
Padres vs. Dodgers Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 8:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Padres vs. Dodgers Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Padres 5, Dodgers 4.
Total Prediction for Padres vs. Dodgers
- Total Prediction: Under 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
Padres Performance Insights
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Padres have a record of 6-4.
- San Diego and its opponents have combined to hit the over three times in its last 10 games with a total.
- The Padres have two wins against the spread in their last three chances.
- The Padres have been favorites in 82 games this season and won 44 (53.7%) of those contests.
- San Diego has a record of 21-19, a 52.5% win rate, when favored by -165 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The sportsbooks' moneyline implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego ranks 13th in the majors with 508 total runs scored this season.
- The Padres' 3.75 team ERA ranks first among all league pitching staffs.
Dodgers Performance Insights
- Over the past 10 games, the Dodgers have been named underdog just one time and came away with a win in that contest.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total six times.
- The Dodgers have covered the runline in all of their previous 10 games (three of those contests had a spread.
- The Dodgers have come away with 10 wins in the 17 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Los Angeles has played as an underdog of +140 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Dodgers have a 41.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Los Angeles scores the third-most runs in baseball (613 total, 5.7 per game).
- The Dodgers have pitched to a 4.46 ERA this season, which ranks 19th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|July 30||Rangers||W 5-3||Blake Snell vs Cody Bradford|
|July 31||@ Rockies||L 4-3||Seth Lugo vs Austin Gomber|
|August 1||@ Rockies||W 8-5||Pedro Avila vs Peter Lambert|
|August 2||@ Rockies||W 11-1||Nick Martínez vs Kyle Freeland|
|August 4||Dodgers||L 10-5||Yu Darvish vs Bobby Miller|
|August 5||Dodgers||-||Blake Snell vs Michael Grove|
|August 6||Dodgers||-||Rich Hill vs Lance Lynn|
|August 7||Dodgers||-||Seth Lugo vs Tony Gonsolin|
|August 8||@ Mariners||-||Joe Musgrove vs Logan Gilbert|
|August 9||@ Mariners||-||Yu Darvish vs Bryan Woo|
|August 11||@ Diamondbacks||-||Blake Snell vs Merrill Kelly|
|July 30||Reds||L 9-0||Michael Grove vs Graham Ashcraft|
|August 1||Athletics||W 7-3||Lance Lynn vs Ken Waldichuk|
|August 2||Athletics||W 10-1||Tony Gonsolin vs Hogan Harris|
|August 3||Athletics||W 8-2||Julio Urías vs JP Sears|
|August 4||@ Padres||W 10-5||Bobby Miller vs Yu Darvish|
|August 5||@ Padres||-||Michael Grove vs Blake Snell|
|August 6||@ Padres||-||Lance Lynn vs Rich Hill|
|August 7||@ Padres||-||Tony Gonsolin vs Seth Lugo|
|August 8||@ Diamondbacks||-||Julio Urías vs TBA|
|August 9||@ Diamondbacks||-||Bobby Miller vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|August 10||Rockies||-||Emmet Sheehan vs Ty Blach|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.