How to Watch the Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 5
John Schreiber takes the mound for the Boston Red Sox on Saturday at Fenway Park against Brandon Belt and the Toronto Blue Jays. First pitch is at 4:10 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: Fenway Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Discover More About This Game
Blue Jays Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Blue Jays are 14th in baseball with 131 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Toronto is 11th in MLB with a .418 slugging percentage.
- The Blue Jays rank fifth in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- Toronto ranks 15th in runs scored with 498 (4.5 per game).
- The Blue Jays rank ninth in MLB with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Blue Jays hitters strike out 8.1 times per game, the ninth-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by Toronto's pitching staff ranks first in the majors.
- Toronto has a 3.83 team ERA that ranks fifth across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Blue Jays average MLB's 11th-ranked WHIP (1.267).
Red Sox Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Red Sox rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 123 home runs.
- Boston ranks sixth in the majors with a .433 team slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Boston is among the highest scoring teams in baseball, ranking ninth with 538 total runs this season.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- The Red Sox rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- Boston has an 8.8 K/9 rate this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- Boston has pitched to a 4.29 ERA this season, which ranks 17th in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank 19th in MLB with a combined 1.298 WHIP this season.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher
- Jose Berrios (8-7) takes the mound for the Blue Jays in his 23rd start of the season. He's put together a 3.31 ERA in 130 1/3 innings pitched, with 123 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, the right-hander tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering six hits.
- Berrios is looking to pick up his 13th quality start of the season in this game.
- Berrios will try to build on an eight-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.9 frames per appearance).
- He has had four appearances this season in which he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher
- Schreiber will take to the mound for the Red Sox, his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Wednesday, when he threw one inning, giving up four earned runs while allowing three hits to the Seattle Mariners.
Blue Jays Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Blue Jays Starter||Opponent Starter|
|7/31/2023||Orioles||L 4-2||Home||Chris Bassitt||Kyle Gibson|
|8/1/2023||Orioles||L 13-3||Home||Hyun-Jin Ryu||Kyle Bradish|
|8/2/2023||Orioles||W 4-1||Home||Yusei Kikuchi||Grayson Rodriguez|
|8/3/2023||Orioles||L 6-1||Home||Kevin Gausman||Jack Flaherty|
|8/4/2023||Red Sox||W 7-3||Away||Alek Manoah||James Paxton|
|8/5/2023||Red Sox||-||Away||José Berríos||John Schreiber|
|8/6/2023||Red Sox||-||Away||Chris Bassitt||-|
|8/7/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Hyun-Jin Ryu||Gavin Williams|
|8/8/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Yusei Kikuchi||Tanner Bibee|
|8/9/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Kevin Gausman||Logan Allen|
|8/10/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Alek Manoah||Noah Syndergaard|
Red Sox Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Red Sox Starter||Opponent Starter|
|7/30/2023||Giants||L 4-3||Away||Brennan Bernardino||Scott Alexander|
|7/31/2023||Mariners||L 6-2||Away||Nick Pivetta||George Kirby|
|8/1/2023||Mariners||W 6-4||Away||Brayan Bello||Bryce Miller|
|8/2/2023||Mariners||L 6-3||Away||Kutter Crawford||Logan Gilbert|
|8/4/2023||Blue Jays||L 7-3||Home||James Paxton||Alek Manoah|
|8/5/2023||Blue Jays||-||Home||John Schreiber||José Berríos|
|8/6/2023||Blue Jays||-||Home||-||Chris Bassitt|
|8/7/2023||Royals||-||Home||Brayan Bello||Cole Ragans|
|8/8/2023||Royals||-||Home||Kutter Crawford||Brady Singer|
|8/9/2023||Royals||-||Home||James Paxton||Jordan Lyles|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.