Braves vs. Mets Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 12
Saturday's game between the Atlanta Braves (74-41) and the New York Mets (52-64) at Citi Field should be a competitive matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 5-4, with the Braves coming out on top. Game time is at 7:15 PM ET on August 12.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Spencer Strider (12-4) to the mound, while Jose Quintana (0-3) will take the ball for the Mets.
Braves vs. Mets Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Mets Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Braves 5, Mets 4.
Total Prediction for Braves vs. Mets
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
Braves Performance Insights
- The Braves have played as the favorite in 10 of their past 10 games and won six of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Atlanta and its opponents are 8-2-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over their last 10 games, the Braves are 1-2-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Braves have won 66 out of the 102 games, or 64.7%, in which they've been favored.
- Atlanta has a record of 17-6 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -250 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Braves, based on the moneyline, is 71.4%.
- Atlanta has scored the most runs (672) in baseball so far this year.
- The Braves have a 3.92 team ERA that ranks eighth among all MLB pitching staffs.
Mets Performance Insights
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Mets have posted a mark of 1-7.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, New York and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on five occasions.
- The Mets have had a spread set in one of their past 10 games, and they have fallen short of covering the spread each time.
- The Mets have been underdogs in 43 games this season and have come away with the win 11 times (25.6%) in those contests.
- New York has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +200.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mets have a 33.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- The offense for New York is the No. 22 offense in MLB, scoring 4.3 runs per game (500 total runs).
- The Mets have the 22nd-ranked ERA (4.56) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 8||@ Pirates||W 8-6||Yonny Chirinos vs Mitch Keller|
|August 9||@ Pirates||W 6-5||Max Fried vs Quinn Priester|
|August 10||@ Pirates||L 7-5||Bryce Elder vs Bailey Falter|
|August 11||@ Mets||W 7-0||Charlie Morton vs Tylor Megill|
|August 12||@ Mets||W 21-3||Allan Winans vs Denyi Reyes|
|August 12||@ Mets||-||Spencer Strider vs José Quintana|
|August 13||@ Mets||-||Yonny Chirinos vs Kodai Senga|
|August 14||Yankees||-||Max Fried vs Clarke Schmidt|
|August 15||Yankees||-||Bryce Elder vs Luis Severino|
|August 16||Yankees||-||Charlie Morton vs Nestor Cortes Jr.|
|August 18||Giants||-||Spencer Strider vs Alex Cobb|
|August 7||Cubs||W 11-2||Kodai Senga vs Drew Smyly|
|August 8||Cubs||L 3-2||Carlos Carrasco vs Jameson Taillon|
|August 9||Cubs||W 4-3||David Peterson vs Kyle Hendricks|
|August 11||Braves||L 7-0||Tylor Megill vs Charlie Morton|
|August 12||Braves||L 21-3||Denyi Reyes vs Allan Winans|
|August 12||Braves||-||José Quintana vs Spencer Strider|
|August 13||Braves||-||Kodai Senga vs Yonny Chirinos|
|August 14||Pirates||-||Carlos Carrasco vs Quinn Priester|
|August 15||Pirates||-||David Peterson vs Bailey Falter|
|August 16||Pirates||-||Tylor Megill vs Johan Oviedo|
|August 17||@ Cardinals||-||José Quintana vs Adam Wainwright|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.