Mets vs. Cardinals Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 17
Thursday's contest between the St. Louis Cardinals (54-67) and the New York Mets (55-66) at Busch Stadium should be a tight matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 7-5, with the Cardinals coming out on top. Game time is at 7:15 PM ET on August 17.
The probable pitchers are Jose Quintana (0-4) for the Mets and Adam Wainwright (3-7) for the Cardinals.
Mets vs. Cardinals Game Info & Odds
- When: Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Mets vs. Cardinals Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Cardinals 7, Mets 6.
Total Prediction for Mets vs. Cardinals
- Total Prediction: Over 10 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
Mets Performance Insights
- The Mets have played as the favorite in four of their past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, New York and its opponents are 5-5-0 in its last 10 games with a total.
- The Mets are winless against the spread in their last two chances.
- The Mets have been favorites in 72 games this season and won 40 (55.6%) of those contests.
- New York has entered 72 games this season favored by -115 or more and is 40-32 in those contests.
- The bookmakers' moneyline implies a 53.5% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York ranks 19th in the majors with 526 total runs scored this season.
- The Mets' 4.56 team ERA ranks 21st among all MLB pitching staffs.
Cardinals Performance Insights
- The Cardinals have played as the underdog in three of their past 10 games and have gone 2-1 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, St. Louis and its opponents are 3-7-0 in its last 10 games.
- The Cardinals' previous 10 contests have not had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The Cardinals have been victorious in 23, or 47.9%, of the 48 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, St. Louis has been victorious 19 times in 39 chances when named as an underdog of at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- The offense for St. Louis is the No. 12 offense in baseball, scoring 4.7 runs per game (564 total runs).
- Cardinals pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.53 ERA this year, which ranks 20th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 12||Braves||L 6-0||José Quintana vs Spencer Strider|
|August 13||Braves||W 7-6||Kodai Senga vs Yonny Chirinos|
|August 14||Pirates||W 7-2||Carlos Carrasco vs Quinn Priester|
|August 15||Pirates||L 7-4||David Peterson vs Bailey Falter|
|August 16||Pirates||W 8-3||Tylor Megill vs Johan Oviedo|
|August 17||@ Cardinals||-||José Quintana vs Adam Wainwright|
|August 18||@ Cardinals||-||Kodai Senga vs Zack Thompson|
|August 19||@ Cardinals||-||Kodai Senga vs Miles Mikolas|
|August 20||@ Cardinals||-||Carlos Carrasco vs Dakota Hudson|
|August 21||@ Braves||-||David Peterson vs Bryce Elder|
|August 22||@ Braves||-||Tylor Megill vs Charlie Morton|
|August 11||@ Royals||L 12-8||Adam Wainwright vs Dylan Coleman|
|August 12||@ Royals||W 5-4||Steven Matz vs Cole Ragans|
|August 14||Athletics||W 7-5||Miles Mikolas vs JP Sears|
|August 15||Athletics||W 6-2||Dakota Hudson vs Spenser Watkins|
|August 16||Athletics||L 8-0||Matthew Liberatore vs Paul Blackburn|
|August 17||Mets||-||Adam Wainwright vs José Quintana|
|August 18||Mets||-||Zack Thompson vs Kodai Senga|
|August 19||Mets||-||Miles Mikolas vs Kodai Senga|
|August 20||Mets||-||Dakota Hudson vs Carlos Carrasco|
|August 21||@ Pirates||-||Matthew Liberatore vs Bailey Falter|
|August 22||@ Pirates||-||Adam Wainwright vs Johan Oviedo|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.