How to Watch the Mets vs. Cardinals Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 17
Lars Nootbaar and the St. Louis Cardinals take the field on Thursday at Busch Stadium against Jose Quintana, who gets the start for the New York Mets. First pitch will be at 7:15 PM ET for the first game of a four-game series.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Mets vs. Cardinals Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Discover More About This Game
Mets Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Mets average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB play with 153 total home runs.
- New York ranks 20th in baseball, slugging .400.
- The Mets' .236 batting average ranks 25th in MLB.
- New York is the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB action, averaging 4.3 runs per game (526 total).
- The Mets' .317 on-base percentage ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Mets strike out 7.9 times per game, the fourth-best mark in MLB.
- The pitching staff for New York has a collective 8.8 K/9, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- New York has the 21st-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.56).
- Pitchers for the Mets combine for the 22nd-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.386).
Cardinals Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Cardinals' 169 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- St. Louis ranks sixth in the majors with a .436 team slugging percentage.
- The Cardinals' .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- St. Louis ranks 12th in the majors with 564 total runs scored this season.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .333.
- The Cardinals rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- St. Louis strikes out just 8.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- St. Louis has the 20th-ranked ERA (4.53) in the majors this season.
- Cardinals pitchers have a 1.434 WHIP this season, fourth-worst in the majors.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Mets are sending Quintana (0-4) out to make his sixth start of the season. He is 0-4 with a 3.03 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 29 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, when the left-hander tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Quintana is looking for his fifth straight quality start.
- Quintana will look to last five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.8 innings per outing.
- He has not had an appearance so far in which he did not allow at least one earned run.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Cardinals will send Adam Wainwright (3-7) to the mound for his 16th start this season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed one inning while giving up eight earned runs on nine hits in a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- He has earned a quality start one time in 15 starts this season.
- In 15 starts this season, Wainwright has lasted five or more innings 10 times, with an average of 4.4 innings per appearance.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Mets Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/12/2023||Braves||L 6-0||Home||José Quintana||Spencer Strider|
|8/13/2023||Braves||W 7-6||Home||Kodai Senga||Yonny Chirinos|
|8/14/2023||Pirates||W 7-2||Home||Carlos Carrasco||Quinn Priester|
|8/15/2023||Pirates||L 7-4||Home||David Peterson||Bailey Falter|
|8/16/2023||Pirates||W 8-3||Home||Tylor Megill||Johan Oviedo|
|8/17/2023||Cardinals||-||Away||José Quintana||Adam Wainwright|
|8/18/2023||Cardinals||-||Away||Kodai Senga||Zack Thompson|
|8/19/2023||Cardinals||-||Away||Kodai Senga||Miles Mikolas|
|8/20/2023||Cardinals||-||Away||Carlos Carrasco||Dakota Hudson|
|8/21/2023||Braves||-||Away||David Peterson||Bryce Elder|
|8/22/2023||Braves||-||Away||Tylor Megill||Charlie Morton|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Cardinals Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/11/2023||Royals||L 12-8||Away||Adam Wainwright||Dylan Coleman|
|8/12/2023||Royals||W 5-4||Away||Steven Matz||Cole Ragans|
|8/14/2023||Athletics||W 7-5||Home||Miles Mikolas||JP Sears|
|8/15/2023||Athletics||W 6-2||Home||Dakota Hudson||Spenser Watkins|
|8/16/2023||Athletics||L 8-0||Home||Matthew Liberatore||Paul Blackburn|
|8/17/2023||Mets||-||Home||Adam Wainwright||José Quintana|
|8/18/2023||Mets||-||Home||Zack Thompson||Kodai Senga|
|8/19/2023||Mets||-||Home||Miles Mikolas||Kodai Senga|
|8/20/2023||Mets||-||Home||Dakota Hudson||Carlos Carrasco|
|8/21/2023||Pirates||-||Away||Matthew Liberatore||Bailey Falter|
|8/22/2023||Pirates||-||Away||Adam Wainwright||Johan Oviedo|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.