How to Watch the Tigers vs. Guardians Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 17
Steven Kwan and Spencer Torkelson will take the field when the Cleveland Guardians and Detroit Tigers meet on Thursday at Progressive Field.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Tigers vs. Guardians Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Discover More About This Game
Tigers Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Tigers are 25th in MLB play with 119 home runs. They average one per game.
- Detroit has the third-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.377).
- The Tigers' .235 batting average ranks 26th in MLB.
- Detroit scores the second-fewest runs in baseball (477 total, four per game).
- The Tigers are 29th in baseball with a .300 on-base percentage.
- The Tigers strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 17th in baseball.
- The 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings put together by Detroit's pitching staff ranks 21st in the majors.
- Detroit's 4.51 team ERA ranks 19th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Tigers combine for the 13th-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.276).
Guardians Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 88 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland ranks 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .379 this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- Cleveland is among the lowest scoring teams in baseball, ranking 27th with just 490 total runs (four per game) this season.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only seven times per game on average.
- Cleveland strikes out just 8.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Cleveland has pitched to a 3.80 ERA this season, which ranks fourth in baseball.
- Guardians pitchers have a 1.280 WHIP this season, 15th in the majors.
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Tigers will send Tarik Skubal (2-2) to the mound for his eighth start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 4.18 ERA and 36 strikeouts in 32 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the left-hander went 5 1/3 innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Skubal is yet to notch a quality start so far this year.
- Skubal is seeking his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.6 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his seven appearances this season.
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Xzavion Curry (3-1) for his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Friday, when he tossed five innings while giving up five earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- In five starts this season, Curry has not yet earned a quality start.
- Curry will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- He has made 30 appearances and finished 15 of them without allowing an earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Tigers Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/11/2023||Red Sox||L 5-2||Away||Tarik Skubal||Chris Sale|
|8/12/2023||Red Sox||W 6-2||Away||Matt Manning||Brayan Bello|
|8/13/2023||Red Sox||L 6-3||Away||Eduardo Rodríguez||Kutter Crawford|
|8/15/2023||Twins||L 5-3||Away||Alex Faedo||Bailey Ober|
|8/16/2023||Twins||W 8-7||Away||Reese Olson||Kenta Maeda|
|8/17/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Tarik Skubal||Xzavion Curry|
|8/18/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Matt Manning||Gavin Williams|
|8/19/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Eduardo Rodríguez||Tanner Bibee|
|8/20/2023||Guardians||-||Away||Alex Faedo||Logan Allen|
|8/21/2023||Cubs||-||Home||Reese Olson||Javier Assad|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Guardians Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/11/2023||Rays||L 9-8||Away||Xzavion Curry||Aaron Civale|
|8/12/2023||Rays||L 6-5||Away||Gavin Williams||Shawn Armstrong|
|8/13/2023||Rays||W 9-2||Away||Tanner Bibee||Zach Eflin|
|8/15/2023||Reds||W 3-0||Away||Logan Allen||Graham Ashcraft|
|8/16/2023||Reds||L 7-2||Away||Noah Syndergaard||Andrew Abbott|
|8/17/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Xzavion Curry||Tarik Skubal|
|8/18/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Gavin Williams||Matt Manning|
|8/19/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Tanner Bibee||Eduardo Rodríguez|
|8/20/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Logan Allen||Alex Faedo|
|8/22/2023||Dodgers||-||Home||Noah Syndergaard||Clayton Kershaw|
|8/23/2023||Dodgers||-||Home||Xzavion Curry||Lance Lynn|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.