Blue Jays vs. Reds Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 18
Friday's contest between the Cincinnati Reds (63-59) and the Toronto Blue Jays (67-55) at Great American Ball Park should be a close matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 5-3, with the Reds taking home the win. First pitch is at 6:40 PM ET on August 18.
The Blue Jays will give the ball to Jose Berrios (9-8, 3.53 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 10 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Brett Kennedy (1-0, 5.14 ERA).
Blue Jays vs. Reds Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, August 18, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Blue Jays vs. Reds Score Prediction
Our pick for this game is Reds 5, Blue Jays 4.
Total Prediction for Blue Jays vs. Reds
- Total Prediction: Under 10.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
Blue Jays Performance Insights
- The Blue Jays have played as the favorite in eight of their past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Toronto and its opponents are 4-6-0 in its last 10 games with a total.
- Bookmakers have not set a spread for any of the Blue Jays' last 10 games.
- This season, the Blue Jays have won 44 out of the 81 games, or 54.3%, in which they've been favored.
- Toronto has a record of 24-22 in games when oddsmakers favor them by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 59.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Toronto has scored 546 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Blue Jays have the first-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (3.73).
Reds Performance Insights
- The Reds have played as the underdog in three of their past 10 games and have gone 1-2 in those contests.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on two occasions.
- Oddsmakers have yet to post a spread in any of the Reds' past 10 games.
- The Reds have come away with 39 wins in the 83 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Cincinnati has been victorious 23 times in 48 chances when named as an underdog of at least +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- The offense for Cincinnati is No. 7 in baseball, scoring 4.8 runs per game (588 total runs).
- The Reds have pitched to a 4.76 ERA this season, which ranks 26th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Blue Jays Schedule
|August 11||Cubs||L 6-2||José Berríos vs Javier Assad|
|August 12||Cubs||L 5-4||Chris Bassitt vs Justin Steele|
|August 13||Cubs||W 11-4||Hyun-Jin Ryu vs Jameson Taillon|
|August 15||Phillies||W 2-1||Yusei Kikuchi vs Zack Wheeler|
|August 16||Phillies||L 9-4||Kevin Gausman vs Aaron Nola|
|August 18||@ Reds||-||José Berríos vs Brett Kennedy|
|August 19||@ Reds||-||Chris Bassitt vs Brandon Williamson|
|August 20||@ Reds||-||Hyun-Jin Ryu vs Hunter Greene|
|August 22||@ Orioles||-||Yusei Kikuchi vs Jack Flaherty|
|August 23||@ Orioles||-||Kevin Gausman vs Dean Kremer|
|August 24||@ Orioles||-||José Berríos vs Kyle Gibson|
|August 11||@ Pirates||W 9-2||Andrew Abbott vs Johan Oviedo|
|August 13||@ Pirates||L 4-2||Brandon Williamson vs Mitch Keller|
|August 13||@ Pirates||W 6-5||Luke Weaver vs Andre Jackson|
|August 15||Guardians||L 3-0||Graham Ashcraft vs Logan Allen|
|August 16||Guardians||W 7-2||Andrew Abbott vs Noah Syndergaard|
|August 18||Blue Jays||-||Brett Kennedy vs José Berríos|
|August 19||Blue Jays||-||Brandon Williamson vs Chris Bassitt|
|August 20||Blue Jays||-||Hunter Greene vs Hyun-Jin Ryu|
|August 21||@ Angels||-||Graham Ashcraft vs Lucas Giolito|
|August 22||@ Angels||-||Andrew Abbott vs Shohei Ohtani|
|August 23||@ Angels||-||Brandon Williamson vs Reid Detmers|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.