How to Watch the Red Sox vs. Yankees Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 18
Justin Turner and the Boston Red Sox will look to beat Jhony Brito, the New York Yankees' named starter, on Friday at 7:05 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Red Sox vs. Yankees Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Venue: Yankee Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Explore More About This Game
Red Sox Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Red Sox are 18th in baseball with 137 total home runs.
- Boston is seventh in MLB with a .431 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox have the third-best batting average in the league (.261).
- Boston is the eighth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 4.8 runs per game (585 total).
- The Red Sox's .327 on-base percentage is ninth-best in MLB.
- Red Sox batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-lowest average in the majors.
- The 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by Boston's pitching staff ranks 14th in MLB.
- Boston's 4.38 team ERA ranks 18th across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Red Sox have the 19th-ranked WHIP in the majors (1.309).
Yankees Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Yankees have hit 163 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- New York ranks 22nd in the majors with a .399 team slugging percentage.
- The Yankees rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .230.
- New York ranks 23rd in the majors with 514 total runs scored this season.
- The Yankees are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .305.
- The Yankees rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- New York averages nine strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, ninth-most in the majors.
- New York pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.05 ERA this year, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Yankees have a combined 1.248 WHIP as a pitching staff, 10th-lowest in MLB.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Red Sox are sending Brayan Bello (8-7) to the mound for his 21st start of the season. He is 8-7 with a 3.81 ERA and 96 strikeouts through 113 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, the right-hander went 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- Bello has registered 11 quality starts this season.
- Bello heads into this matchup with 15 outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- So far he has given up one or more earned runs in each of his appearances.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Yankees will send Brito (4-5) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Miami Marlins, throwing five innings of relief while giving up one earned run and allowing three hits.
- Brito has not earned a quality start in 12 starts this season.
- Brito has made seven starts of five or more innings in 12 chances this season, and averages 4.1 frames when he pitches.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 15 chances this season.
Red Sox Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Red Sox Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/12/2023||Tigers||L 6-2||Home||Brayan Bello||Matt Manning|
|8/13/2023||Tigers||W 6-3||Home||Kutter Crawford||Eduardo Rodríguez|
|8/15/2023||Nationals||W 5-4||Away||Nick Pivetta||Josiah Gray|
|8/16/2023||Nationals||L 6-2||Away||James Paxton||MacKenzie Gore|
|8/17/2023||Nationals||L 10-7||Away||Chris Sale||Patrick Corbin|
|8/19/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Kutter Crawford||Gerrit Cole|
|8/20/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Nick Pivetta||Clarke Schmidt|
|8/21/2023||Astros||-||Away||Tanner Houck||Framber Valdez|
|8/22/2023||Astros||-||Away||Chris Sale||Cristian Javier|
|8/23/2023||Astros||-||Away||Brayan Bello||Justin Verlander|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Yankees Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/12/2023||Marlins||L 3-1||Away||Michael King||Sandy Alcantara|
|8/13/2023||Marlins||L 8-7||Away||Gerrit Cole||Eury Pérez|
|8/14/2023||Braves||L 11-3||Away||Clarke Schmidt||Max Fried|
|8/15/2023||Braves||L 5-0||Away||Luis Severino||Bryce Elder|
|8/16/2023||Braves||L 2-0||Away||Randy Vasquez||Charlie Morton|
|8/18/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||-||Brayan Bello|
|8/19/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||Gerrit Cole||Kutter Crawford|
|8/20/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||Clarke Schmidt||Nick Pivetta|
|8/22/2023||Nationals||-||Home||Luis Severino||Josiah Gray|
|8/23/2023||Nationals||-||Home||Randy Vasquez||MacKenzie Gore|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.