Red Sox vs. Yankees Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 18
Friday's contest at Yankee Stadium has the New York Yankees (60-61) matching up with the Boston Red Sox (63-58) at 7:05 PM ET (on August 18). Our computer prediction projects a close 5-4 win for the Yankees, so it should be a competitive matchup.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Red Sox will send Brayan Bello (8-7) to the mound, while Jhony Brito (4-5) will take the ball for the Yankees.
Red Sox vs. Yankees Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, August 18, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Yankees Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Yankees 5, Red Sox 4.
Total Prediction for Red Sox vs. Yankees
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Red Sox Performance Insights
- The Red Sox have played as the favorite in 10 of their past 10 games and have won six of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Boston and its opponents are 2-8-0 in its last 10 games with a total.
- Sportsbooks have not set a spread for any of the Red Sox's last 10 games.
- This season, the Red Sox have won 30 out of the 56 games, or 53.6%, in which they've been favored.
- Boston has entered 40 games this season favored by -125 or more and is 24-16 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.6% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking eighth with 585 total runs this season.
- The Red Sox have the 18th-ranked team ERA across all league pitching staffs (4.38).
Yankees Performance Insights
- The Yankees have played as the underdog in five of their past 10 games and have gone 1-4 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, New York and its foes are 5-5-0 in its last 10 contests.
- The Yankees' previous 10 matchups have not had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The Yankees have won in 15, or 36.6%, of the 41 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- New York has a mark of 12-19 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 48.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- The offense for New York is the No. 23 offense in MLB, scoring 4.2 runs per game (514 total runs).
- The Yankees have pitched to a 4.05 ERA this season, which ranks 13th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox Schedule
|August 12||Tigers||L 6-2||Brayan Bello vs Matt Manning|
|August 13||Tigers||W 6-3||Kutter Crawford vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|August 15||@ Nationals||W 5-4||Nick Pivetta vs Josiah Gray|
|August 16||@ Nationals||L 6-2||James Paxton vs MacKenzie Gore|
|August 17||@ Nationals||L 10-7||Chris Sale vs Patrick Corbin|
|August 18||@ Yankees||-||Brayan Bello vs TBA|
|August 19||@ Yankees||-||Kutter Crawford vs Gerrit Cole|
|August 20||@ Yankees||-||Nick Pivetta vs Clarke Schmidt|
|August 21||@ Astros||-||Tanner Houck vs Framber Valdez|
|August 22||@ Astros||-||Chris Sale vs Cristian Javier|
|August 23||@ Astros||-||Brayan Bello vs Justin Verlander|
|August 12||@ Marlins||L 3-1||Michael King vs Sandy Alcantara|
|August 13||@ Marlins||L 8-7||Gerrit Cole vs Eury Pérez|
|August 14||@ Braves||L 11-3||Clarke Schmidt vs Max Fried|
|August 15||@ Braves||L 5-0||Luis Severino vs Bryce Elder|
|August 16||@ Braves||L 2-0||Randy Vasquez vs Charlie Morton|
|August 18||Red Sox||-||TBA vs Brayan Bello|
|August 19||Red Sox||-||Gerrit Cole vs Kutter Crawford|
|August 20||Red Sox||-||Clarke Schmidt vs Nick Pivetta|
|August 22||Nationals||-||Luis Severino vs Josiah Gray|
|August 23||Nationals||-||Randy Vasquez vs MacKenzie Gore|
|August 24||Nationals||-||TBA vs Patrick Corbin|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.