Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 20
Sunday's game features the Philadelphia Phillies (67-56) and the Washington Nationals (56-68) squaring off at Muncy Bank Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field in what should be a tight matchup, with a projected 6-4 win for the Phillies according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 7:10 PM ET on August 20.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Phillies will send Zack Wheeler (9-5) to the mound, while Trevor Williams (5-7) will answer the bell for the Nationals.
Phillies vs. Nationals Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Muncy Bank Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field in Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Nationals Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Phillies 6, Nationals 5.
Total Prediction for Phillies vs. Nationals
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Phillies Performance Insights
- The Phillies have played as the favorite in eight of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Philadelphia and its opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- There has not been a spread set for any of the Phillies' last 10 games.
- The Phillies have been favorites in 79 games this season and won 46 (58.2%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia is 10-4 this season when entering a game favored by -225 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 69.2% chance to win.
- Philadelphia ranks 12th in the majors with 579 total runs scored this season.
- The Phillies' 3.99 team ERA ranks 10th among all MLB pitching staffs.
Nationals Performance Insights
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Nationals have a record of 3-4.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Washington and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on five occasions.
- The past 10 Nationals games have not had a runline posted by bookmakers.
- The Nationals have won in 47, or 43.1%, of the 109 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This year, Washington has won eight of 23 games when listed as at least +180 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 35.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Averaging 4.4 runs per game (548 total), Washington is the 19th-highest scoring team in baseball.
- The Nationals have pitched to a 4.96 ERA this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 13||Twins||L 3-0||Ranger Suárez vs Sonny Gray|
|August 15||@ Blue Jays||L 2-1||Zack Wheeler vs Yusei Kikuchi|
|August 16||@ Blue Jays||W 9-4||Aaron Nola vs Kevin Gausman|
|August 18||@ Nationals||L 8-7||Michael Lorenzen vs Joan Adon|
|August 19||@ Nationals||W 12-3||Cristopher Sanchez vs Jake Irvin|
|August 20||@ Nationals||-||Zack Wheeler vs Trevor Williams|
|August 21||Giants||-||Aaron Nola vs TBA|
|August 22||Giants||-||Taijuan Walker vs TBA|
|August 23||Giants||-||Michael Lorenzen vs Alex Cobb|
|August 25||Cardinals||-||Michael Lorenzen vs Miles Mikolas|
|August 26||Cardinals||-||Cristopher Sanchez vs Dakota Hudson|
|August 15||Red Sox||L 5-4||Josiah Gray vs Nick Pivetta|
|August 16||Red Sox||W 6-2||MacKenzie Gore vs James Paxton|
|August 17||Red Sox||W 10-7||Patrick Corbin vs Chris Sale|
|August 18||Phillies||W 8-7||Joan Adon vs Michael Lorenzen|
|August 19||Phillies||L 12-3||Jake Irvin vs Cristopher Sanchez|
|August 20||Phillies||-||Trevor Williams vs Zack Wheeler|
|August 22||@ Yankees||-||Josiah Gray vs Carlos Rodón|
|August 23||@ Yankees||-||MacKenzie Gore vs Luis Severino|
|August 24||@ Yankees||-||Patrick Corbin vs Randy Vasquez|
|August 25||@ Marlins||-||Joan Adon vs Eury Pérez|
|August 26||@ Marlins||-||Jake Irvin vs Braxton Garrett|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.