How to Watch the Phillies vs. Nationals Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 20
The Philadelphia Phillies will send a hot-hitting Trea Turner to the plate against the Washington Nationals and Stone Garrett, who has been on a tear as of late, when the clubs square off on Sunday at 7:10 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Phillies vs. Nationals Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Sunday, August 20, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Muncy Bank Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Phillies rank 14th in baseball with 147 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Philadelphia's .425 slugging percentage is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies' .257 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- Philadelphia is the 12th-highest scoring team in MLB action, averaging 4.7 runs per game (579 total).
- The Phillies rank 10th in MLB with a .325 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 9.1 times per game to rank 24th in baseball.
- Philadelphia's pitching staff is ninth in the majors with a collective nine strikeouts per nine innings.
- Philadelphia has the 10th-ranked team ERA among all MLB pitching staffs (3.99).
- Pitchers for the Phillies combine for the No. 8-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.243).
Nationals Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Nationals' 113 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Fueled by 356 extra-base hits, Washington ranks 20th in MLB with a .402 slugging percentage this season.
- The Nationals' .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- Washington has scored 548 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .320 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the second-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.1) among MLB offenses.
- Washington strikes out just 7.8 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Washington has the 27th-ranked ERA (4.96) in the majors this season.
- The Nationals have a combined WHIP of 1.456 as a pitching staff, which is third-worst in baseball this season.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher
- Zack Wheeler (9-5 with a 3.56 ERA and 160 strikeouts in 144 2/3 innings pitched) looks for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Phillies, his 25th of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the right-hander went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Wheeler is looking to continue a seventh-game quality start streak in this game.
- Wheeler will aim to go five or more innings for his 13th straight appearance. He's averaging six innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 24 outings this season.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Nationals will send Trevor Williams (5-7) to the mound for his 25th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, Aug. 13, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 1/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics.
- He has three quality starts in 24 chances this season.
- In 24 starts, Williams has pitched through or past the fifth inning 16 times. He has a season average of 4.9 frames per outing.
- In 24 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Phillies Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/13/2023||Twins||L 3-0||Home||Ranger Suárez||Sonny Gray|
|8/15/2023||Blue Jays||L 2-1||Away||Zack Wheeler||Yusei Kikuchi|
|8/16/2023||Blue Jays||W 9-4||Away||Aaron Nola||Kevin Gausman|
|8/18/2023||Nationals||L 8-7||Away||Michael Lorenzen||Joan Adon|
|8/19/2023||Nationals||W 12-3||Away||Cristopher Sanchez||Jake Irvin|
|8/20/2023||Nationals||-||Away||Zack Wheeler||Trevor Williams|
|8/23/2023||Giants||-||Home||Michael Lorenzen||Alex Cobb|
|8/25/2023||Cardinals||-||Home||Michael Lorenzen||Miles Mikolas|
|8/26/2023||Cardinals||-||Home||Cristopher Sanchez||Dakota Hudson|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Nationals Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/15/2023||Red Sox||L 5-4||Home||Josiah Gray||Nick Pivetta|
|8/16/2023||Red Sox||W 6-2||Home||MacKenzie Gore||James Paxton|
|8/17/2023||Red Sox||W 10-7||Home||Patrick Corbin||Chris Sale|
|8/18/2023||Phillies||W 8-7||Home||Joan Adon||Michael Lorenzen|
|8/19/2023||Phillies||L 12-3||Home||Jake Irvin||Cristopher Sanchez|
|8/20/2023||Phillies||-||Home||Trevor Williams||Zack Wheeler|
|8/22/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Josiah Gray||Carlos Rodón|
|8/23/2023||Yankees||-||Away||MacKenzie Gore||Luis Severino|
|8/24/2023||Yankees||-||Away||Patrick Corbin||Randy Vasquez|
|8/25/2023||Marlins||-||Away||Joan Adon||Eury Pérez|
|8/26/2023||Marlins||-||Away||Jake Irvin||Braxton Garrett|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.