Astros vs. Red Sox Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 22
Tuesday's contest between the Houston Astros (71-55) and Boston Red Sox (66-59) going head to head at Minute Maid Park has a projected final score of 5-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Astros, so it should be a competitive matchup. The game will start at 8:10 PM ET on August 22.
The Astros will give the ball to Justin Verlander (8-6, 3.36 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 9 on the season, and the Red Sox will turn to Tanner Houck (3-6, 5.05 ERA).
Astros vs. Red Sox Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Red Sox Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Astros 5, Red Sox 4.
Total Prediction for Astros vs. Red Sox
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
Astros Performance Insights
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when favored by bookmakers, the Astros have a record of 5-5.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- The Astros have not played a game with a spread over their last 10 outings.
- The Astros have entered the game as favorites 86 times this season and won 50, or 58.1%, of those games.
- Houston is 42-28 this season when entering a game favored by -130 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.5% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston has scored the sixth-most runs in the majors this season with 617.
- The Astros' 3.84 team ERA ranks fourth among all league pitching staffs.
Red Sox Performance Insights
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Red Sox have a record of 2-1.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Boston and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on five occasions.
- Bookmakers have not posted a runline in any of the Red Sox's past 10 contests.
- The Red Sox have won in 32, or 52.5%, of the 61 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Boston has been victorious 22 times in 34 chances when named as an underdog of at least +110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 47.6% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Boston scores the eighth-most runs in baseball (611 total, 4.9 per game).
- Red Sox pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.38 ERA this year, which ranks 18th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 16||@ Marlins||W 12-5||Justin Verlander vs Jesús Luzardo|
|August 18||Mariners||L 2-0||J.P. France vs Bryce Miller|
|August 19||Mariners||L 10-3||Framber Valdez vs Logan Gilbert|
|August 20||Mariners||L 7-6||Hunter Brown vs Emerson Hancock|
|August 21||Red Sox||W 9-4||Cristian Javier vs James Paxton|
|August 22||Red Sox||-||Justin Verlander vs Tanner Houck|
|August 23||Red Sox||-||Jose Urquidy vs Chris Sale|
|August 24||Red Sox||-||J.P. France vs Brayan Bello|
|August 25||@ Tigers||-||Framber Valdez vs Matt Manning|
|August 26||@ Tigers||-||Hunter Brown vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|August 27||@ Tigers||-||Cristian Javier vs Alex Faedo|
Red Sox Schedule
|August 17||@ Nationals||L 10-7||Chris Sale vs Patrick Corbin|
|August 18||@ Yankees||W 8-3||Brayan Bello vs Jhony Brito|
|August 19||@ Yankees||W 8-1||Kutter Crawford vs Gerrit Cole|
|August 20||@ Yankees||W 6-5||Josh Winckowski vs Clarke Schmidt|
|August 21||@ Astros||L 9-4||James Paxton vs Cristian Javier|
|August 22||@ Astros||-||Tanner Houck vs Justin Verlander|
|August 23||@ Astros||-||Chris Sale vs Jose Urquidy|
|August 24||@ Astros||-||Brayan Bello vs J.P. France|
|August 25||Dodgers||-||Kutter Crawford vs Julio Urías|
|August 26||Dodgers||-||James Paxton vs Bobby Miller|
|August 27||Dodgers||-||Tanner Houck vs Bobby Miller|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.