How to Watch the Astros vs. Red Sox Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for August 22
Kyle Tucker and the Houston Astros will try to beat Pablo Reyes and the Boston Red Sox when the teams square off on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Astros vs. Red Sox Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 165 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 10th in MLB with a .422 slugging percentage.
- The Astros are 11th in MLB with a .253 batting average.
- Houston is the sixth-highest scoring team in MLB play, averaging 4.9 runs per game (617 total).
- The Astros rank 11th in MLB with a .325 on-base percentage.
- The Astros strike out 7.9 times per game, the fourth-best average in the majors.
- The pitching staff for Houston has a collective 9.1 K/9, the seventh-best in MLB.
- Houston has the fourth-ranked team ERA among all MLB pitching staffs (3.84).
- The Astros average MLB's 14th-ranked WHIP (1.276).
Red Sox Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Red Sox's 144 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 428 extra-base hits, Boston ranks sixth in MLB with a .433 slugging percentage this season.
- The Red Sox rank third in MLB with a .262 team batting average.
- Boston has scored the eighth-most runs in baseball this season with 611.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .328 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Red Sox rank ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- Boston has an 8.8 K/9 rate this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 14th in the majors.
- Boston has pitched to a 4.38 ERA this season, which ranks 18th in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank 19th in MLB with a combined 1.310 WHIP this season.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- Justin Verlander (8-6) gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 20th start of the season. He's put together a 3.36 ERA in 112 1/3 innings pitched, with 94 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Miami Marlins, when the righty went five innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- Verlander has collected 10 quality starts this year.
- Verlander will aim to pitch five or more innings for his 13th straight start. He's averaging 5.9 frames per outing.
- He has had three appearances this season in which he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher
- Tanner Houck (3-6) will take to the mound for the Red Sox and make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, June 16 against the New York Yankees, throwing four innings and giving up one earned run.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 13 starts this season.
- In 13 starts, Houck has pitched through or past the fifth inning 10 times. He has a season average of 5.2 frames per outing.
- He has not pitched this season without allowing at least one earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/16/2023||Marlins||W 12-5||Away||Justin Verlander||Jesús Luzardo|
|8/18/2023||Mariners||L 2-0||Home||J.P. France||Bryce Miller|
|8/19/2023||Mariners||L 10-3||Home||Framber Valdez||Logan Gilbert|
|8/20/2023||Mariners||L 7-6||Home||Hunter Brown||Emerson Hancock|
|8/21/2023||Red Sox||W 9-4||Home||Cristian Javier||James Paxton|
|8/22/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||Justin Verlander||Tanner Houck|
|8/23/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||Jose Urquidy||Chris Sale|
|8/24/2023||Red Sox||-||Home||J.P. France||Brayan Bello|
|8/25/2023||Tigers||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Matt Manning|
|8/26/2023||Tigers||-||Away||Hunter Brown||Eduardo Rodríguez|
|8/27/2023||Tigers||-||Away||Cristian Javier||Alex Faedo|
Red Sox Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Red Sox Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/17/2023||Nationals||L 10-7||Away||Chris Sale||Patrick Corbin|
|8/18/2023||Yankees||W 8-3||Away||Brayan Bello||Jhony Brito|
|8/19/2023||Yankees||W 8-1||Away||Kutter Crawford||Gerrit Cole|
|8/20/2023||Yankees||W 6-5||Away||Josh Winckowski||Clarke Schmidt|
|8/21/2023||Astros||L 9-4||Away||James Paxton||Cristian Javier|
|8/22/2023||Astros||-||Away||Tanner Houck||Justin Verlander|
|8/23/2023||Astros||-||Away||Chris Sale||Jose Urquidy|
|8/24/2023||Astros||-||Away||Brayan Bello||J.P. France|
|8/25/2023||Dodgers||-||Home||Kutter Crawford||Julio Urías|
|8/26/2023||Dodgers||-||Home||James Paxton||Bobby Miller|
|8/27/2023||Dodgers||-||Home||Tanner Houck||Bobby Miller|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.