Cubs vs. Pirates Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - August 26
Saturday's game at PNC Park has the Chicago Cubs (67-61) going head to head against the Pittsburgh Pirates (58-71) at 7:15 PM ET (on August 26). Our computer prediction projects a close 5-4 win for the Cubs, so it should be a competitive matchup.
The probable pitchers are Jordan Wicks for the Cubs and Colin Selby (1-0) for the Pirates.
Cubs vs. Pirates Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Pirates Score Prediction
Our pick for this game is Cubs 5, Pirates 4.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Pirates
- Total Prediction: Under 9.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Cubs Performance Insights
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Cubs have a record of 5-4.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- The Cubs have not played a game with a spread over their last 10 outings.
- This season, the Cubs have won 37 out of the 64 games, or 57.8%, in which they've been favored.
- This season Chicago has won 26 of its 40 games, or 65%, when favored by at least -130 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.5% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago has scored the fifth-most runs in the majors this season with 642.
- The Cubs' 4.23 team ERA ranks 16th across all league pitching staffs.
Pirates Performance Insights
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Pirates have posted a mark of 4-5.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total six times.
- The Pirates' previous 10 games have not had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 103 games this season and have come away with the win 43 times (41.7%) in those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a win-loss record of 35-39 when favored by +110 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 47.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- The offense for Pittsburgh is the No. 24 offense in baseball, scoring 4.2 runs per game (540 total runs).
- Pirates pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.51 ERA this year, which ranks 20th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 21||@ Tigers||W 7-6||Javier Assad vs Alex Faedo|
|August 22||@ Tigers||L 8-6||Drew Smyly vs Reese Olson|
|August 23||@ Tigers||W 6-4||Jameson Taillon vs Tarik Skubal|
|August 24||@ Pirates||W 5-4||Justin Steele vs Rob Zastryzny|
|August 25||@ Pirates||L 2-1||Kyle Hendricks vs Mitch Keller|
|August 26||@ Pirates||-||Jordan Wicks vs Colin Selby|
|August 27||@ Pirates||-||Javier Assad vs Bailey Falter|
|August 28||Brewers||-||Jameson Taillon vs Wade Miley|
|August 29||Brewers||-||Justin Steele vs Corbin Burnes|
|August 30||Brewers||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Brandon Woodruff|
|September 1||@ Reds||-||Javier Assad vs Brett Kennedy|
|August 21||Cardinals||W 11-1||Thomas Hatch vs Drew Rom|
|August 22||Cardinals||W 6-3||Johan Oviedo vs Adam Wainwright|
|August 23||Cardinals||L 6-4||Luis Ortiz vs Zack Thompson|
|August 24||Cubs||L 5-4||Rob Zastryzny vs Justin Steele|
|August 25||Cubs||W 2-1||Mitch Keller vs Kyle Hendricks|
|August 26||Cubs||-||Colin Selby vs Jordan Wicks|
|August 27||Cubs||-||Bailey Falter vs Javier Assad|
|August 28||@ Royals||-||Johan Oviedo vs TBA|
|August 29||@ Royals||-||Luis Ortiz vs Cole Ragans|
|August 30||@ Royals||-||Mitch Keller vs Brady Singer|
|September 1||@ Cardinals||-||TBA vs Dakota Hudson|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.