Rays vs. Guardians Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 1
Friday's game that pits the Tampa Bay Rays (82-52) against the Cleveland Guardians (64-70) at Progressive Field is expected to be a competitive matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 6-4 in favor of the Rays. Game time is at 7:10 PM ET on September 1.
The Rays will give the nod to Tyler Glasnow (7-4, 3.12 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Guardians will counter with Cal Quantrill (2-6, 6.45 ERA).
Rays vs. Guardians Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 1, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Guardians Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Rays 6, Guardians 5.
Total Prediction for Rays vs. Guardians
- Total Prediction: Over 7.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
Rays Performance Insights
- The Rays have played as the favorite in nine of their past 10 games and have won seven of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Tampa Bay and its opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- The Rays did not cover its most recent game with a spread.
- The Rays have been favorites in 107 games this season and won 71 (66.4%) of those contests.
- Tampa Bay has entered 41 games this season favored by -185 or more and is 32-9 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 64.9%.
- Tampa Bay is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking fourth with 718 total runs this season.
- The Rays' 3.82 team ERA ranks third across all MLB pitching staffs.
Guardians Performance Insights
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Guardians have a record of 5-4.
- When it comes to the total, Cleveland and its foes are 5-5-0 in its previous 10 contests.
- The Guardians' previous 10 matchups have not had a spread posted by sportsbooks.
- The Guardians have been chosen as underdogs in 62 games this year and have walked away with the win 26 times (41.9%) in those games.
- This season, Cleveland has been victorious two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +150 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 40% chance of pulling out a win.
- Cleveland is the fifth-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.1 runs per game (545 total).
- The Guardians have the fifth-best ERA (3.87) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|August 25||Yankees||L 6-2||Zach Eflin vs Gerrit Cole|
|August 26||Yankees||W 3-0||Tyler Glasnow vs Clarke Schmidt|
|August 27||Yankees||W 7-4||Zack Littell vs Carlos Rodón|
|August 29||@ Marlins||W 11-2||Aaron Civale vs Sandy Alcantara|
|August 30||@ Marlins||W 3-0||Zach Eflin vs Jesús Luzardo|
|September 1||@ Guardians||-||Tyler Glasnow vs Cal Quantrill|
|September 2||@ Guardians||-||Zack Littell vs Logan Allen|
|September 3||@ Guardians||-||Zack Littell vs Xzavion Curry|
|September 4||Red Sox||-||Aaron Civale vs Brayan Bello|
|September 5||Red Sox||-||Zach Eflin vs Kutter Crawford|
|September 6||Red Sox||-||TBA vs James Paxton|
|August 26||@ Blue Jays||L 8-3||Logan Allen vs Hyun-Jin Ryu|
|August 27||@ Blue Jays||W 10-7||Noah Syndergaard vs Yusei Kikuchi|
|August 28||@ Twins||L 10-6||Xzavion Curry vs Kenta Maeda|
|August 29||@ Twins||W 4-2||Gavin Williams vs Pablo Lopez|
|August 30||@ Twins||W 5-2||Tanner Bibee vs Sonny Gray|
|September 1||Rays||-||Cal Quantrill vs Tyler Glasnow|
|September 2||Rays||-||Logan Allen vs Zack Littell|
|September 3||Rays||-||Xzavion Curry vs Zack Littell|
|September 4||Twins||-||Lucas Giolito vs Pablo Lopez|
|September 5||Twins||-||Tanner Bibee vs Sonny Gray|
|September 6||Twins||-||Gavin Williams vs Joe Ryan|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.