How to Watch the Astros vs. Yankees Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for September 3
Yordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros square off against DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park on Sunday at 7:10 PM ET, in the final game of a three-game series.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Astros vs. Yankees Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Sunday, September 3, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 180 total home runs.
- Houston ranks eighth in baseball, slugging .428.
- The Astros have the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- Houston is the sixth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging five runs per game (689 total).
- The Astros are sixth in MLB with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Astros hitters strike out 7.8 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by Houston's pitching staff ranks seventh in MLB.
- Houston has a 3.93 team ERA that ranks eighth across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Astros have the 18th-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.291).
Yankees Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Yankees have hit 195 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- New York ranks 19th in the majors with a .403 team slugging percentage.
- The Yankees have a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- New York has scored 576 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Yankees have an OBP of just .303 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 14th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- New York strikes out nine batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 12th in MLB.
- New York has pitched to a 3.98 ERA this season, which ranks 10th in baseball.
- The Yankees have a combined WHIP of just 1.234 as a pitching staff, which is the sixth-best in baseball this season.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- Cristian Javier (9-2) is going for his 10th victory when he gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 26th start of the season. He's put together a 4.66 ERA in 131 1/3 innings pitched, with 119 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Monday, the righty tossed four innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Javier has nine quality starts under his belt this year.
- Javier has put up 19 starts this season in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He has made one appearance this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Yankees will hand the ball to Michael King (3-5) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw four scoreless innings against the Detroit Tigers while allowing three hits.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he'd extend his streak of 0 ER appearances to three.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/28/2023||Red Sox||W 13-5||Away||Cristian Javier||Chris Sale|
|8/29/2023||Red Sox||W 6-2||Away||J.P. France||Brayan Bello|
|8/30/2023||Red Sox||W 7-4||Away||Framber Valdez||Kutter Crawford|
|9/1/2023||Yankees||L 6-2||Home||Justin Verlander||Carlos Rodón|
|9/2/2023||Yankees||L 5-4||Home||Hunter Brown||Luis Severino|
|9/3/2023||Yankees||-||Home||Cristian Javier||Michael King|
|9/4/2023||Rangers||-||Away||J.P. France||Andrew Heaney|
|9/5/2023||Rangers||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Dane Dunning|
|9/6/2023||Rangers||-||Away||Justin Verlander||Max Scherzer|
|9/8/2023||Padres||-||Home||Hunter Brown||Blake Snell|
|9/9/2023||Padres||-||Home||Cristian Javier||Seth Lugo|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Yankees Starter||Opponent Starter|
|8/29/2023||Tigers||W 4-2||Away||Michael King||Tarik Skubal|
|8/30/2023||Tigers||W 6-2||Away||Gerrit Cole||Brendan White|
|8/31/2023||Tigers||L 4-3||Away||Clarke Schmidt||Matt Manning|
|9/1/2023||Astros||W 6-2||Away||Carlos Rodón||Justin Verlander|
|9/2/2023||Astros||W 5-4||Away||Luis Severino||Hunter Brown|
|9/3/2023||Astros||-||Away||Michael King||Cristian Javier|
|9/5/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Gerrit Cole||Tarik Skubal|
|9/6/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Clarke Schmidt||Matt Manning|
|9/7/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Carlos Rodón||Eduardo Rodríguez|
|9/9/2023||Brewers||-||Home||Michael King||Wade Miley|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.