Cubs vs. Giants Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 5
Tuesday's game that pits the Chicago Cubs (74-64) against the San Francisco Giants (70-68) at Wrigley Field has a projected final score of 5-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Cubs, who is slightly favored in this matchup according to our model. First pitch is at 7:40 PM on September 5.
The probable pitchers are Kyle Hendricks (5-7) for the Cubs and Ryan Walker (4-2) for the Giants.
Cubs vs. Giants Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Giants Score Prediction
Our pick for this game is Cubs 5, Giants 4.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Giants
- Total Prediction: Under 10.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
Cubs Performance Insights
- The Cubs have played as the favorite in nine of their past 10 games and have gone 6-3 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Bookmakers have not set a spread for any of the Cubs' last 10 games.
- The Cubs have won 43, or 58.9%, of the 73 games they've played as favorites this season.
- This season Chicago has won 27 of its 39 games, or 69.2%, when favored by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking sixth with 697 total runs this season.
- The Cubs have the 14th-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.12).
Giants Performance Insights
- The Giants have played as the underdog in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 2-5 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, San Francisco and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total four times.
- The Giants' previous 10 games have not had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The Giants have come away with 28 wins in the 61 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, San Francisco has won 13 of 35 games when listed as at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 47.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco scores the 22nd-most runs in baseball (584 total, 4.2 per game).
- Giants pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.01 ERA this year, which ranks 11th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 1||@ Reds||W 6-2||Jordan Wicks vs Graham Ashcraft|
|September 1||@ Reds||L 3-2||Jose Cuas vs Lyon Richardson|
|September 2||@ Reds||L 2-1||Javier Assad vs Andrew Abbott|
|September 3||@ Reds||W 15-7||Jameson Taillon vs Carson Spiers|
|September 4||Giants||W 5-0||Justin Steele vs Logan Webb|
|September 5||Giants||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Ryan Walker|
|September 6||Giants||-||Jordan Wicks vs Tristan Beck|
|September 7||Diamondbacks||-||Javier Assad vs Slade Cecconi|
|September 8||Diamondbacks||-||Jameson Taillon vs Zac Gallen|
|September 9||Diamondbacks||-||Justin Steele vs Merrill Kelly|
|September 10||Diamondbacks||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|August 31||@ Padres||W 7-2||Jakob Junis vs Pedro Avila|
|September 1||@ Padres||L 7-3||Tristan Beck vs Michael Wacha|
|September 2||@ Padres||L 6-1||Kyle Harrison vs Blake Snell|
|September 3||@ Padres||L 4-0||Alex Cobb vs Seth Lugo|
|September 4||@ Cubs||L 5-0||Logan Webb vs Justin Steele|
|September 5||@ Cubs||-||Ryan Walker vs Kyle Hendricks|
|September 6||@ Cubs||-||Tristan Beck vs Jordan Wicks|
|September 8||Rockies||-||Kyle Harrison vs Ty Blach|
|September 9||Rockies||-||Alex Cobb vs Austin Gomber|
|September 10||Rockies||-||Logan Webb vs Peter Lambert|
|September 11||Guardians||-||TBA vs Tanner Bibee|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.