Astros vs. Padres Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 8
Friday's game features the Houston Astros (80-61) and the San Diego Padres (66-75) matching up at Minute Maid Park in what should be a tight matchup, with a projected 5-4 victory for the Astros according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 8:10 PM ET on September 8.
The Astros will give the nod to Hunter Brown (10-10) against the Padres and Blake Snell (12-9).
Astros vs. Padres Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Padres Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Astros 5, Padres 4.
Total Prediction for Astros vs. Padres
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Astros Performance Insights
- The Astros have played as the favorite in five of their past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Houston and its opponents are 7-2-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Bookmakers have not set a spread for any of the Astros' last 10 games.
- This season, the Astros have won 54 out of the 96 games, or 56.2%, in which they've been favored.
- Houston has a record of 36-24, a 60% win rate, when favored by -145 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston has scored the fifth-most runs in the majors this season with 729.
- The Astros' 3.92 team ERA ranks sixth among all league pitching staffs.
Padres Performance Insights
- Over their last 10 games, the Padres have been favored twice and lost each contest.
- When it comes to the total, San Diego and its opponents are 4-5-1 in its previous 10 games.
- The Padres' previous 10 games have not had a runline posted by oddsmakers.
- The Padres have won in 10, or 31.2%, of the 32 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This year, San Diego has won one of seven games when listed as at least +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- San Diego scores the 17th-most runs in baseball (637 total, 4.5 per game).
- Padres pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.85 ERA this year, fourth-best in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 2||Yankees||L 5-4||Hunter Brown vs Luis Severino|
|September 3||Yankees||L 6-1||Cristian Javier vs Michael King|
|September 4||@ Rangers||W 13-6||J.P. France vs Andrew Heaney|
|September 5||@ Rangers||W 14-1||Framber Valdez vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|September 6||@ Rangers||W 12-3||Justin Verlander vs Max Scherzer|
|September 8||Padres||-||Hunter Brown vs Blake Snell|
|September 9||Padres||-||Cristian Javier vs Seth Lugo|
|September 10||Padres||-||J.P. France vs Rich Hill|
|September 11||Athletics||-||TBA vs TBA|
|September 12||Athletics||-||Justin Verlander vs JP Sears|
|September 13||Athletics||-||Hunter Brown vs Paul Blackburn|
|September 2||Giants||W 6-1||Blake Snell vs Kyle Harrison|
|September 3||Giants||W 4-0||Seth Lugo vs Alex Cobb|
|September 4||Phillies||L 9-7||Rich Hill vs Taijuan Walker|
|September 5||Phillies||W 8-0||Pedro Avila vs Michael Lorenzen|
|September 6||Phillies||L 5-1||Michael Wacha vs Zack Wheeler|
|September 8||@ Astros||-||Blake Snell vs Hunter Brown|
|September 9||@ Astros||-||Seth Lugo vs Cristian Javier|
|September 10||@ Astros||-||Rich Hill vs J.P. France|
|September 11||@ Dodgers||-||TBA vs Clayton Kershaw|
|September 12||@ Dodgers||-||Michael Wacha vs TBA|
|September 13||@ Dodgers||-||Blake Snell vs TBA|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.