How to Watch the Astros vs. Padres Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for September 8
Alex Bregman and the Houston Astros will look to find success Blake Snell when he starts for the San Diego Padres on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, in the first game of a three-game series at Minute Maid Park.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Astros vs. Padres Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Explore More About This Game
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 196 total home runs.
- Houston's .437 slugging percentage is sixth-best in baseball.
- The Astros' .261 batting average is fourth-best in MLB.
- Houston has the No. 5 offense in MLB play, scoring 5.2 runs per game (729 total runs).
- The Astros' .333 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in MLB.
- The Astros strike out 7.7 times per game, the third-fewest average in the majors.
- The 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by Houston's pitching staff ranks eighth in MLB.
- Houston has the sixth-ranked team ERA among all MLB pitching staffs (3.92).
- Pitchers for the Astros combine for the 17th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.286).
Padres Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Padres have hit 178 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- Fueled by 426 extra-base hits, San Diego ranks 17th in MLB with a .410 slugging percentage this season.
- The Padres have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- San Diego ranks 17th in the majors with 637 total runs scored this season.
- The Padres have an OBP of .326 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Padres are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- San Diego averages the 11th-most strikeouts per nine innings (nine) in the majors this season.
- San Diego has the fourth-best ERA (3.85) in the majors this season.
- Padres pitchers have a 1.283 WHIP this season, 16th in the majors.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- Hunter Brown makes the start for the Astros, his 26th of the season. He is 10-10 with a 4.60 ERA and 157 strikeouts in 137 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the New York Yankees, when he threw four innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Brown has 11 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Brown enters the game with 16 outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He has made five appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher
- Snell (12-9) will take the mound for the Padres, his 29th start of the season.
- The left-hander did not allow a run in six innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Francisco Giants.
- He's going for his sixth quality start in a row.
- Snell has pitched five or more innings in 19 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has kept opponents from scoring an earned run in two straight appearances.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/2/2023||Yankees||L 5-4||Home||Hunter Brown||Luis Severino|
|9/3/2023||Yankees||L 6-1||Home||Cristian Javier||Michael King|
|9/4/2023||Rangers||W 13-6||Away||J.P. France||Andrew Heaney|
|9/5/2023||Rangers||W 14-1||Away||Framber Valdez||Nathan Eovaldi|
|9/6/2023||Rangers||W 12-3||Away||Justin Verlander||Max Scherzer|
|9/8/2023||Padres||-||Home||Hunter Brown||Blake Snell|
|9/9/2023||Padres||-||Home||Cristian Javier||Seth Lugo|
|9/10/2023||Padres||-||Home||J.P. France||Rich Hill|
|9/12/2023||Athletics||-||Home||Justin Verlander||JP Sears|
|9/13/2023||Athletics||-||Home||Hunter Brown||Paul Blackburn|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Padres Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/2/2023||Giants||W 6-1||Home||Blake Snell||Kyle Harrison|
|9/3/2023||Giants||W 4-0||Home||Seth Lugo||Alex Cobb|
|9/4/2023||Phillies||L 9-7||Home||Rich Hill||Taijuan Walker|
|9/5/2023||Phillies||W 8-0||Home||Pedro Avila||Michael Lorenzen|
|9/6/2023||Phillies||L 5-1||Home||Michael Wacha||Zack Wheeler|
|9/8/2023||Astros||-||Away||Blake Snell||Hunter Brown|
|9/9/2023||Astros||-||Away||Seth Lugo||Cristian Javier|
|9/10/2023||Astros||-||Away||Rich Hill||J.P. France|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.