Reds vs. Cardinals Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 8
Friday's contest between the Cincinnati Reds (73-69) and the St. Louis Cardinals (61-79) at Great American Ball Park is expected to be a close matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 5-2, with the Reds coming out on top. Game time is at 6:40 PM ET on September 8.
The Reds will give the nod to Andrew Abbott (8-4) versus the Cardinals and Drew Rom (0-2).
Reds vs. Cardinals Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Cardinals Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Reds 5, Cardinals 4.
Total Prediction for Reds vs. Cardinals
- Total Prediction: Under 10 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
Reds Performance Insights
- The Reds are favored for the first time in a while, as they have not been the favorite in their last 10 games.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- The Reds have not played a game with a spread over their last 10 outings.
- The Reds have entered the game as favorites 32 times this season and won 18, or 56.2%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has a record of 11-11, a 50% win rate, when favored by -120 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have a 54.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cincinnati is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking 10th with 672 total runs this season.
- The Reds have a 4.74 team ERA that ranks 24th among all league pitching staffs.
Cardinals Performance Insights
- The Cardinals have played as the underdog in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 3-4 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, St. Louis and its foes are 6-3-1 in its last 10 contests.
- The Cardinals have gone 1-1-0 against the runline over their past 10 matchups (two of those games had a spread listed by oddsmakers).
- The Cardinals have won in 26, or 43.3%, of the 60 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- St. Louis has a mark of 20-25 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 50% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- The offense for St. Louis is the No. 16 offense in the majors, scoring 4.6 runs per game (641 total runs).
- The Cardinals have pitched to a 4.72 ERA this season, which ranks 23rd in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 2||Cubs||W 2-1||Andrew Abbott vs Javier Assad|
|September 3||Cubs||L 15-7||Carson Spiers vs Jameson Taillon|
|September 4||Mariners||W 6-3||Tejay Antone vs Bryan Woo|
|September 5||Mariners||W 7-6||Connor Phillips vs Bryce Miller|
|September 6||Mariners||L 8-4||Lyon Richardson vs Logan Gilbert|
|September 8||Cardinals||-||Andrew Abbott vs Drew Rom|
|September 9||Cardinals||-||Carson Spiers vs Zack Thompson|
|September 10||Cardinals||-||Hunter Greene vs Miles Mikolas|
|September 12||@ Tigers||-||Lyon Richardson vs Matt Manning|
|September 13||@ Tigers||-||Andrew Abbott vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|September 14||@ Tigers||-||TBA vs Reese Olson|
|September 2||Pirates||L 7-6||Drew Rom vs Thomas Hatch|
|September 3||Pirates||W 6-4||Zack Thompson vs Johan Oviedo|
|September 5||@ Braves||W 10-6||Miles Mikolas vs Mike Soroka|
|September 6||@ Braves||W 11-6||Dakota Hudson vs Spencer Strider|
|September 7||@ Braves||L 8-5||Adam Wainwright vs Max Fried|
|September 8||@ Reds||-||Drew Rom vs Andrew Abbott|
|September 9||@ Reds||-||Zack Thompson vs Carson Spiers|
|September 10||@ Reds||-||Miles Mikolas vs Hunter Greene|
|September 11||@ Orioles||-||Dakota Hudson vs Grayson Rodriguez|
|September 12||@ Orioles||-||Adam Wainwright vs Dean Kremer|
|September 13||@ Orioles||-||Drew Rom vs Kyle Gibson|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.